After the chequered flag fell on Friday at Interlagos, we analysed the times for both FP1 and FP2 and came up with our prediction for the Interlagos grid. With both Hamilton and Rosberg seemingly 0.5s clear at the front of the field, it promises to be a closely contested battle for rows two and three on the grid between Ferrari and Williams, with the Scuderia looking to have the slight pace advantage.
Although Renault's upgraded power unit seemed to have bought Ricciardo into slightly closer contention with Mercedes, Williams and Ferrari it remains to be seen where the Red Bull's will finish given Ricciardo's 10 place grid penalty after qualifying on Saturday.
Please note, our prediction is based on qualifying pace alone, and doesn't take into account engine and other penalties.
- Hamilton – Just to edge out Rosberg
- Ricciardo – We think Renault’s new power unit might just push Ricciardo above the Williams’
- Grosjean – Lotus showed good form in Practice
- Verstappen – The old Renault PU’s will struggle in Sectors 1 & 3
- Rossi – Rossi to edge out his more experienced teammate once again
Be sure to check back in tomorrow to see how well we did, and feel free to let us know your ideas in the comments!
Image thanks to www.skysports.com/f1